This conference is aimed at cardiologists, radiologists, radiographers, echo-physiologists and others with an interest in cardiac imaging. These CMR meetings have been running since 2013 across the Mersey and Cheshire cardiac network and have been well received. It aims to provide high quality presentations from notable speakers on a number of important topics in the ever-growing field of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. Programmes from previous years can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
The general theme for this year's conference is ischaemic heart disease. For further details on the programme please click on the link below. 7 CPD credits have been approved for this conference. Hot buffet lunch is provided on the day.
Date: Thursday 26th October 2017
Time: 09:00 am - 17:00 pm
Venue: Hilton Hotel Liverpool, 3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool, L1 8LW. There are links below to a local map.
Parking: The hotel has an adjacent ‘Qpark’ Car Park. If using SAT NAV, Please use the postcode L1 8LT or “35 Strand Street”.
** We have now reached our maximum number of subsidised places and can no longer offer £30 registration fee. There is ample seating capacity and we encourage attendance but unfortunately there is an increase of registration fee to £60 that must be paid to secure a place **
Non-refundable Booking Fee from 11th October: £60 (includes registration, refreshments and hot buffet lunch). Please fill in the below registration form to secure a place in this conference. When you have filled in all required fields and click "submit" you will be redirected to the payment page.
We have organised a preferential rate with the local hotel The Hilton, Liverpool (for the night of 26th October), although you are not obliged to use this hotel. Single occupancy with breakfast is £135.00 per person per night. If you wish to use The Hilton Hotel please click on the link below and quote reference “ACMRI”. A certain number of rooms have been provisionally held at the above rate until 14th September 2017 only. After this date you will need to make your own arrangements.
Feedback from Previous Meetings
Previous meetings were very well received. Some of the feedback comments from candidates are listed below:
(2nd CMR meeting)
- Great afternoon. Thank you
- Prof Moon’s talk was thought provoking
- Great line up, well done! Interesting, informative and very enjoyable, more of the same please
- Good meeting
- I think case studies are helpful in terms of learning. I would like to see more case study sessions in the future
- Dr. O’Mahony presented very well. Excellent choice of topics
- All lectures were well delivered and the speakers were very knowledgeable regarding their subject
- Excellent! Thoroughly enjoyed and learned
- Lectern should not be in front of screen as 1/3 of audience had difficulty viewing screen
- Excellent organisation & management
- Feedback on the feedback form- Does the presentation have to be ‘useful’ to be valuable?
- Thank you. Excellent meeting!
- Room too warm – improved after the break. Overall, an interesting session. I personally preferred the sessions after the coffee break & especially enjoyed the case studies.
- Very useful course
- Comprehensive presentations. Cardiac nurse – sometimes lost with statistics.
- Overall well balanced & varied. Relevant to clinical practice
- Initially too hot. Catering excellent.
- Thank you for organising this very thought provoking teaching series
- Excellent CMR meeting
(1st CMR meeting)
- Would like to be in touch with meeting (email address anonymised)
- Timings should have been per published plan. However very useful lectures
- Very well organised, presenters were excellent!
- Some interesting points raised around issues concerned. Of good educational value as well
- Excellent programme!
- Thank you very much for this very useful meeting
- Excellent meeting
- Overall v. good, Please do more!
North West Educational Cardiac Group
TERMS AND CONDITIONS- IMPORTANT INFORMATION for delegates